Re: Removing the "&build" from gtk+ in CVSROOT/modules

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Getting autotools working with MSVC might be nice indeed. There is a
start at an attempt at a wrapper for cl that would integrate better
with typical Makefiles and be more easily used by libtool in
build/win32/cl-wrapper.c. I don't remember how far I got with
that. But, for most people one main reason to use MSVC presumably
would be its compilation speed, so using MSVC though libtool (which
runs slow as molasses on Win32) might be regarded as counter-productive...

Would it be possible to write a simple wrapper for libtool that simply called the MS compiler or linker? Or does libtool do more than just call the compiler tools with the correct arguments? I always thought that most of the complexity of libtool was so it could work with multiple compilers and platforms.

John