Re: gdk-win32: forced 24bpp causing slowness?

Peter Zelezny writes:
 > Does someone remember why it's always forced back to 24bpp?

Can't say I do... Probably just seemed simpler.

 > Removing the "bitspixel = 24;" line fixed the noticable slowness, but what
 > other side effects will it have on gdk? I suppose pixmaps/images will take a
 > little more memory (*4/3), but I havn't noticed any other problems.

I'll remove it, too, and see if I can find any problems. Please, those
(few) of you who build GTK yourself on Windows, could you also try
this and see if you notice any problems with your applications...

Please open a bug on bugzilla for this so it won't be forgotten.

--tml