Re: GtkFileChooser API work

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 10:59:45PM -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> This is easy to support, but we need a way to save the set of
> directories that the user has configured.  Should GTK+ simply write a
> ~/.file-chooser-directories, or do we need something more
> complicated?

Does the "recent files" spec let you save a per-application recent
list?

If so you could just save this as "recent file chooser directories" as
a hack, at least it avoids making up a new system. Though really the
idea here is "favorites/bookmarks" not "recent"

Or maybe you could have a hook similar to the one for the colorsel
palette.

Or you could use XSETTINGS and we'll hook it to a gconf thing with
gnome-settings-daemon, problem then is that if someone isn't running
GNOME their favorite dirs will just get dumped on the floor.

The thing is, one can only hope that we'll get a prefs system sane
enough to live below GTK someday, and so I kind of hate to build up
too many silly homedir files in the meantime.

Havoc