Re: Gtk+ 2.3 ABI breakage or Gtk-Error **: incompatible build!

Owen Taylor writes:
 > Do you happen to have a reference for the MS bitfield rules?

I guess the ultimate reference is in the gcc sources ;-). (I don't
know whether the -mms-bitfields flag implementation is included in the
official sources, or just in some mingw/cygwin gcc patch set.) There
might be some discussion in some gcc mailing list archive, let's see..

Maybe this one is where this flag (which originally was called
-fnative-struct) was introduced:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/1999-05n/msg00076.html

and resubmitted:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2000-07/msg00180.html