Re: GTK+-2.3.0 released [unstable]
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Matthias Mann <matman matman24 org>
- Cc: gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GTK+-2.3.0 released [unstable]
- Date: 27 Oct 2003 22:54:47 +0100
Matthias Mann <matman matman24 org> writes:
> Now GtkCTree is not very old but deprecated. What's about
> GtkFileSelection? Du i need to update my source code in
> the next three months?
Deprecated doesn't mean that you cannot use it any longer. It just
means that you should not be using it in new code.
> If i like to install any for M$-Windows 1995 written
> application on a $Windows XP system (since 2000) there are
> no problems while using these very old binaries on a modern
> PC system. But installing Gtk+ application binaries,
> written in 2002, will make big problems for big projects
> if i like to install them on a one year newer OS(with Gtk+)?
Just keep gtk+-1.2 installed and you can continue to use the old
software. This actually works a lot better than Windows backward
] [Thread Prev