Adding an Icon to gtkentry

Hello gtk-hackers, One of the UI issues Epiphany has right now is that our favicon icon in the toolbar is not within our address text entry box. This is bad for a few reasons:
1. Diverges from the behavior of every other web browser.
2. Reduces the visual association between the viewed web address and the favicon. We would like to fix this so that the ui looks as shown in the following mockup http://www.phys.lsu.edu/students/merchan/GNOME/Recommendations/Epiphany/Scre enshot-Epiphany-modified.png * please ignore the specific toolbar layout, only the address entry ui is of interest. I see two potential ways of implementing this within epiphany. 1. Without gtk changes we could set the gtkentry to not have a frame and then pack the icon and the entry into an hbox which is packed into a gtk frame. This would also involve setting the bg color for the GtkImage we use. Implementing this is no big deal, but i do have some concerns. We use the gtk_entry_completion stuff which may lead to causing confusion/visual distraction due to the entry completion drop down not correctly lining up with the entry box (as the user would perceive it). We have also been talking about using a custom cellrender for the completion that will show favicons so this may become even uglier from a ui perspective. 2. Add gtk api for adding an icon to a gtk entry. I guess this might be slightly browser specific. What do other think? I imagine very few functions would be needed (marco should comment here though he knows much more about this than I), probably just a simple function for getting a pointer to the icon so that we can set the icon and do dnd from it would suffice. thank you for listening and any comments.. dave