RE: OK to stop using .def files for Windows builds with gcc?

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build gtk using MSVC -- because I really need to
debug core parts of the library, and gdb is not much fun under Win32.
So far I've built glib and atk, now I'm working on pango and related
libraries. Without the *.def files this would be pretty hard.

Could you not use dlltool/pexports to generate the def files and put
them into the ditribution? This way you wouldn't have to spend time
generating them manually - and all the entrypoints would be listed.

Best regards
Espen Harlinn