Re: OK to stop using .def files for Windows builds with gcc?

> My very simple tool is not sniffing headers but C sources. It works
> better than manually adding - but not much, especially not for
> special case source files, e.g. gtk<plug|socket>.c  which are not
> build for win32 or #if 0 ed symbols, which it simply does not
> detect either.

As others (and yourself) have pointed out, the best approach is to work
from object or archive files.

Is it really the case that MSVC can't create DLLs without .def files ?
I'm pretty sure I've seen DLLs created with MSVC with no .def files.

Arno