Re: Windows theme in main distribution?

Hi,

I think you forgot to CC Raymond?

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 08:44, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> Short story is "it'd be great for everyone involved." I think that there
> were a few things that need addressing:
>
> 1) Raymond needs a Gnome CVS account

This is easy enough. We should do that immediately if you want - there
are instructions on www.gnome.org somewhere that I always lose the link
to.

> 2) Wimp is relatively immature. Will GTK's "long" release schedule hamper
> us, or will or short schedules hamper GTK?

If there's a lot of work still in Wimp and you think it's important to
release more often than GTK+, it may well make sense to let it "cook" a
bit more before including it.

> 3) Wimp can't build without WinXP. We might take steps to correct this if
> need be, perhaps similarly to how Mozilla did it

Either that or I think a configure check that disabled Wimp support on
older Windows would be fine (just conditionally compile on XP only).

Havoc