Re: Smart empty submenus

On 2003-09-29 01:51 +0200, Matthias Clasen <maclas gmx de> wrote:
> It occurred to me that submenus pose similar problems to separators in
> connection with merging: you don't know in advance whether they will end
> up with visible children after merging. For those submenus which end up
> empty, there are two reasonable behaviours:
>
> a) make them disappear by hiding the menu item they're attached to
> b) add an insensitive "Empty" item.

Instead of the "Empty" item, wouldn't it be better to have the menu
itself insensitive?  That way it should be obvious beforehand the menu
is empty, you'd save the extra roundtrip otherwise needed for peeking
inside the submenu to see if it really is empty or not.

Just a thought.

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 tommi komulainen iki fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6