Re: Question about new versions of GTK and Eclipse

Jens Ansorg <liste ja-web de> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 20:29, Brady Hegberg wrote:
> > I upgraded to the new (unstable) Ximian desktop files and now Eclipse
> > fails.  I heard that this issue was discussed on this mailing list but I
> > couldn't find anything in the archives.
>
> Is the desktop using gtk+-2.3.x?

Looking briefly at ToolBar.java in the Eclipse sources, I can see (at
least) two possible reasons for Eclipse failing:

        - Off-by-one bugs in the 2.3.0 version of GtkToolbar

          If this is the cause, the bug should go away by just
          upgrading to gtk+ CVS HEAD, or the upcoming 2.3.1 version.

        - The fact that gtk_container_get_children() now returns a
          list of GtkToolItem (not to be confused with the Java class
          ToolItem in the Eclipse sources), not a list of the actual
          widgets on the toolbar.

          If this is the case, the problem is harder to fix, because
          the way the new toolbar works, gtk_container_get_children()
          really should return GtkToolItems(). The

                if (api_mode == OLD_API)
                        ;

          hack that is used elsewhere in the toolbar may work for this
          problem too, though.

Søren