Re: Algorimic Complexity Attack on GLIB 2.2.1

On 29 May 2003, Scott A Crosby wrote:

> I highly advise using a universal hashing library, either our own or
> someone elses. As is historically seen, it is very easy to make silly
> mistakes when attempting to implement your own 'secure' algorithm.
>
> The abstract, paper, and a library implementing universal hashing is
> available at   http://www.cs.rice.edu/~scrosby/hash/.

I *REALLY* hope that ghash functions do not get replace before it is shown
that frequent heavy users like say nautilus don't suffer massive speed
degradations as a result. Gnome as a whole is quite heavy user of teh
hashing functions...

> Scott

	Sander

OpenOffice.org - conquering the world 14000 PC-s at a time