The 1.2 branch

I was just wondering if there is any development of the 1.2 branch. A few of the programs I'm using regularly hasn't yet been ported to 2.x (including mozilla and sylpheed). There are some problems with these programs related to GTK+. For example the behaviour of the file dialogue and the button placement in most dialogues (not conforming to the GNU HIG). I realize that some of the changes I have in mind will (at least potentially) break existing programs. But does there exist some patch to fix this or is there any general interest in one (if I end up making one myself)?