Re: SEGV in gtktextview fixed by rev 1.216.2.6

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 09:12, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a small note to inform you that your change 1.216.2.6 of gtktextview.c,
> with the following changelog:
>
> 2003-02-14  Matthias Clasen  <maclas gmx de>
>
>         * gtk/gtktextview.c (popup_targets_received): Remove bogus
>         GTK_OBJECT cast. Hopefully got it right now...
>         (gtk_text_view_move_cursor_internal): Add a default: to avoid
>         compiler warnings.
>
> The change gtk_text_view_move_cursor_internal is actually not only cosmetic:
> we got hit by this particular issue, which ended up dereferencing an invalid adj
> pointer, causing a SEGV. The scenario is not very simple, but basically
> happened when a non editable text view whose cursor is invisible.
>
> Just thought you'd be interested to know.

Yeah, actually we've seen this segfault reported multiple times; IIRC,
I  was also a bit confused at first when Matthias said it was fixed by
the above ChangeLog entry.

> BTW, is there are planned schedule for Gtk+ 2.2.2 that would include this
> fix (among other things) ?

I'd guess within the next week or two; I've been putting it off trying
to get other work done, but it's getting fairly urgent.