Menu Bar Bevel

Hi,

Did anyone ever think of removing that bevel from the Gtk2 menubar?

Without the bevel, things become much nicer, see:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/rm.vaneijbergen/mbar.png

(top = current situation; bottom = ideal situation)

My biggest issue with the current beveled menubar is that it's hard to create a nice looking ui, instead of easy (eg. when adding a treeview, textview or whatever other widget with the option to put a bevel around it, the result will look very amateurish)

Pros of a non-beveled menubar:

- A non-beveled menubar would not only look better, it would look less heavy as well.
- Widgets like panes would look better.. (see screenshot)
- There would be no reason to use ***views without bevels anymore (or half bevels like GConf, inconsistent from the rest of the ui) - And most important of all: the ui doesn't look like something that's patched together. - It saves 2 lines of screen space, very important for those of us using small resolutions :)

The bad thing is that it looks more like Windows, but I don't think that's a good reason to ignore this (visual) bug.

Any thoughts about this?

- Rich

ps. Please CC me, thanks.