Re: x11 guidance (slightly off-topic)

> We can't yet consider Xkb standard, though GTK+ takes considerable
> advantage of it when available. There are lots of systems out there
> with it missing or turned off, and GTK+ will need to run on such
> systems.
Thanks. Some while ago I proposed to implement independent keyboard
layouts for GtkNotepad pages. This would be handy for gaim, xchat, ...
But my request was ignored and no feedback was raised. May I dare to ask
again the opinion of the people around here? I think this would be nice
feature to have - and useful for all non-american people too...

It would be easy to implement it using XKBlib.h - and not too difficult
to #ifdef it (or even determine XKB presence at runtime).

Cheers,

--
Sergey