Re: Listing available sizes for a font

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:25:18PM +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > >
> > > No, there isn't a way.
> > >
> > > And Pango-1.4 will (I'm pretty sure at this point) drop support for
> > > non-Xft X rendering, so for non-Xft, there really isn't a point
> >
> > I'm sorry, does this mean that gtk-2.x apps won't run on any X server not
> > supporting Xft (i.e. it will work only on XFree-4.x and above)?
>
> No. Xft is a client-side thing, it isn't a server extension.
>
> Havoc

hmmm Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't
export GDK_USE_XFT=1 depend on X server
extention RENDER ?

on my personal machine I don't have extention RENDER
and my apps that GDK_USE_XFT complain about it and
exit early because of it.

I dunno; like I said, maybe I'm missing the point ;)

Cheers,
		-Tristan