Re: [scintilla] Pango support on GTK+ 2.x

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:20:52AM +1100, Neil Hodgson wrote:

> >  - If layout is the bottleneck, then one useful optimization
> >    is that when doing the layout (but not the rendering),
> >    omit the color attributes.
>
>    OK.

We've had similar issues in gnumeric and have taken a two prong
approach.

1) Morten has been plucking some of the low hanging performance
   fruit and has sent some patches to Owen for consideration.

2) I added some motion compression to Gnumeric so that groups of
   page up/down requests get clumped.  This decreases the amount of
   redraw and the burden on pango.