Re: Pthread detection in glib 2.2.1

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 04:21:28PM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> Pthread detection in glib 2.2.1 doesn't work on AIX. If using the
> IBM xlc_r compiler, -pthread doesn't cause the compiler to fail so the
> wrong flag is selected:
>   $ xlc -c -pthread a.c
>   xlc: 1501-210 command option t contains an incorrect subargument
>   $ echo $?
>   0

	Ok, I could swear I posted about this and we fixed it back in
the 1.2 days.  Just check for xlc first.  It's much better than dealing
with runtime checks that mess up cross compiling.

Joel

--

"Sometimes I think the surest sign intelligent
 life exists elsewhere in the universe is that

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org