Re: Cursor names [was: Adjusting the 2.4 schedule]

Am Mit, 2003-06-25 um 20.22 schrieb Keith Packard:
> Around 17 o'clock on Jun 25, Bill Haneman wrote:
>
> > Given that we don't have cursor notifications from X yet, what's your best
> > suggestion as to how an assistive technology or service (for instance,
> > gnome-mag) can keep track of changes to the current cursor?
>
> I suggest we work on defining what support we need and then plan on
> getting that into X.  One thing missing from the original XFIXES spec was
> precisely the semantic labeling which we've been discussing here.

Trying to relate this interesting discussion back to the pixbuf-cursor
API being proposed for 2.4:

Does this mean we should add a gchar *role or gchar *name argument (or
both) to the proposed new cursor creation functions, to give apps a
chance to mark their "dancing bananas" animated cursor as a WAIT cursor?

Matthias