Cursor names [was: Adjusting the 2.4 schedule]

> >  - Create cursor by name
>
> An important part of that name is the semantics associated with it.
> Making sure the name and semantics are visible outside of the cursor
>
> >  - Create cursors from pixbuf
>
> An issue here is how to ensure that the application semantics are exposed
> to the underlying a14y framework so that suitable feedback can be provided.

a+14+y ?  mm, a-ccessibililiti-y ?  ;-)

But seriously, thanks a lot for keeping this in mind.  Given that we
don't have cursor notifications from X yet, what's your best suggestion
as to how an assistive technology or service (for instance, gnome-mag)
can keep track of changes to the current cursor?  I tried the XTest
compare cursor stuff but not only was it realy ugly, I couldn't get it
to work... just my boneheadedness or can you not get there from here?

regards,

Bill