Re: GtkExpander/GtkDisclosure

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 22:11, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Owen,
>
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 04:20, Owen Taylor wrote:

> > > struct _GtkExpanderClass
> > > {
> > >   GtkBinClass  parent_class;
> > >
> > >   void       (*toggled) (GtkExpander *expander);
> >
> > I'd say people can just connect to notify::expanded. The duplication
> > shouldn't be necessary, and it's not like observing the state of
> > the widget is going to be common anyways.
>
> 	I've removed the "toggled" signal, but one point of confusion that may
> remain now is that I've added an "activate" signal for widget
> activation. I think people may go looking for a "toggled" signal and
> assume "activate" is what they're looking (indeed, it may work fine in
> some cases). Maybe I worry too much, though.

Docs is the answer here ... put a comment in the header file:

 /* Key binding signal; to get notification on the expansion
  * state connect to notify::expanded.
  */

And add an inline doc comment for GtkExpander::activate that
says the same thing. That may not may not solve things for
*everyone* but, at least we can tell them to RTFM with
authority.