Re: GObject-based streams redux

Hello Jody,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 05:01:25PM -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> gsf is a teeny tiny little lib, I wouldn't worry about size.  The
> core api GsfInput is probably not a good match for what you're after
> though as it blends read and seek into one interface.  For gsf-2.0
> those will be split, but I haven't started on that change as yet.

I don't mind seek and all, as long as it raises a GError for
implementations that don't support it. Is it necessary
to erect a system of InputStream/OutputStream/Seekable
on top of the puny GObject (does it even support multiple interface
inheritance to begin with)?

--
Stay tuned,
  MhZ                                     JID: mhz altlinux org