Re: Borders on toolbars

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 15:42, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> With border:
>
>      http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/pictures/toolbar-with-border.png
>
> Current:
>
>      http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/pictures/toolbar-current.png
>
> Which look better?

Well I had some issues finding the differences between both pictures in
the first couple of seconds but then I understood what you meant and
personally I tend to like picture one (1) better than two (2). It gives
a more professional touch, it looks like a smooth surface with nice
indentation (?) and around it you still have the border of 1-2 pixels
that makes it look really aesthetical.

The other picture doesn't look bad either (and having the hard time in
the first couple of seconds to figure out what the differences were only
proves it) but when you go with your mouse over a button and it shows
the relief around it looks like the toolbar is CUT somewhere in the
middle.

Think about the people that maybe add togglebuttons in the toolbar when
the app first starts it looks like the toolbar is broken or somehow
ending in the middle. A little border around will signalize that the
toolbar goes from one end to the other.

This is just my opinion from aesthetics one is nicer.