source diver Q:

I'm a "shallow source diver", and am getting into the linux-fb part of gdk. I have a basic question

*********
I see this line in gdkwindow-fb.c inside the gdk_window_new() function

 impl->drawable_data.mem = gdk_display->fb_mem;

where impl is a pointer to the <GdkWindowFBData> member of the newly created <GdkWindowObject> struct. Does this mean that the window's drawing memory region (drawable_data_mem) is initialized to the framebuffer's start address via <gdk_display->fb_mem>? This seems uinlikely because every widget has its own gdkwindow.

I am sure I am missing something here. For one, is <drawable_data->mem> really the start of the drawing memory region of the window? For another, am I wrong in assuming that when mmapping the </dev/fb0> file onto <gdk_display->fb_mem>, you get a linear reprsentation of the actual framebuffer pointed to by <gdk_display->fb_mem>?

*********

Any help would be appreciated :-)
Thank you (arigatou) in advance.

-Abhi