Re: TreeViewColumn header's events

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 10:35, Serge S. Fukanchik wrote:
> Hi there,
> this is my first post to this list ;)

Note that this list is about the development of GTK+ itself. For
questions about application programming you should usually use
gtk-app-devel-list.

> Well, my problem follows: i'm trying to set Tooltip on
> GtkTreeViewColumn's header widget. I'm started with simply
> obtaining this widget with gtk_tree_view_column_get_widget,
> but this not works. Next i created my own widget from GtkEventBox
> (it has it's own window and so can receive it's own messages)
> and packed it to column header. And this not work too.
> So i ended with program which logs all enter_notify and leave_notify
> events. It logs them for every widget except treeview column headers.
> Can someone tell me what is so special with this widget?

To answer your question, try setting the tooltip on column->button
(where column is a GtkTreeViewColumn*).

There's nothing really special with TreeView column headers, except that
the button (in which a user-specified widget is packed) has an
input-only window which covers the button. And that's why user-specified
widgets (like your event box), won't get events and tooltips won't work.

hope this helps,

	-Kris