Re: object-aware gmain functions

James Willcox <jwillcox cs indiana edu> writes:

> guint g_object_idle_add    (GSourceFunc function, GObject *object);
> guint g_object_timeout_add (guint interval, GSourceFunc function,
>                             GObject *object);

We would probably also need the _full() versions so that you can set
priorities.

> Patch attached (if people want this, I will add docs, changelog, etc).
> What do you think?

I think it is a good idea, but the patch as attached doesn't really
work if you manually remove the source with g_source_remove. In that
case, the weak reference callback will try to remove a source that no
longer exists or worse, a totally unrelated source (if source id's are
reused, which I don't remember).

Søren