Re: Properties on interfaces

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 20:40, Owen Taylor wrote:
> It sounds basically reasonable to me. I'm a little concerned
> by the fact that the default and range need to be specified...
> sounds like a good way to introduce subtle bugs, but
> it isn't the end of the world.

If we're going for a TRANSLUCENT/INHERIT flag anyway, we could introduce
separate flags INHERIT_DOCS, INHERIT_DEFAULT, INHERIT_RANGE and avoid
the need to specify default and range again. Note that INHERIT_DEFAULT
and INHERIT_RANGE can't mean "use the inherited values if the given
value are null", because there is no usable null value. Instead, they
would have to be interpreted as "use the inherited values if there are
any, otherwise use the given values".

Matthias