Re: Properties on interfaces
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Matthias Clasen <maclas gmx de>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Properties on interfaces
- Date: 14 Feb 2003 17:41:11 -0500
On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 17:07, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> n Fri, 2003-02-14 at 22:45, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > > I guess I meant
> > >
> > > g_object_class_install_property (file_chooser_dialog_class,
> > > PROP_FILENAME,
> > > g_param_spec_copy (
> > > g_param_spec_pool_lookup
> > > "filename",
> > >
> > >
> > > ie use the interface properties just a some kind of templates for
> > > ordinary properties.
> > But wouldn't you like a convenience function to do the above?
> > That's basically what I was proposing, though since nick/blurb
> > strings can have significant size, a shallow copy of some sort
> > may make sense.
> Ah, thats what you meant with "proxy" here. I agree a convenience
> function would be needed. How do you forsee this to help with overriding
> defaults and min/max in derived classes ?
I don't really have an answer for that, but I do think it
is a related issue.
- To override defaults/min/max you need to be able to
copy a param spec.
- To override defaults/min/max you'd like to be able to
copy a param spec in a way that doesn't involve duplicating
the nick/blurb strings.
] [Thread Prev