Can I use gtk to design a complex program?

Hi,everybody
I'm a newbie, this is my first learning programming in gtk. Is it as powerful as QT or Kylix and so on? I want to program a financial system for my company with MySQL database background. Does gtk support MySQL well? I know there are a lot of large management system such as ERP which is programed by VB,VC,DELPHI under Microsoft Windows. But how can we do this under linux? So I am puzzled about this. Which is the best tools for program a financial system with MySQL or Oracle database background.
   Could you master-hand recommend a c/c++ tools for me to start the work?
   Thanks at advance!