RE: #101293, again

Gregory wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 08:39:34AM +0100, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
> <snip>
> > Idem. Can you explain how an undo of the "action" done by a Find
> > window is going to solve this problem ?
>
> Sorry, I should have been more specific. It's the
> instant-apply windows for properties and preferences that are
> supposed to have undo.

> As Calum mentioned in the bug report and has been discussed
> elsewhere, the Find dialogs need a design, or we need a
> better way to provide their function.

While I agree that there are better ways to provide the "find" functionality
than using a dialog box, the dialog box approach is going to stay for a
while (for good or worse).

And, for all the find dialog boxes that we have now, it will be a good idea
to close them with Esc (I don't see any comment from Calum disagreeing with
this point).

Idem for the "About" dialog boxes.

I see the point of not wanting to bind Esc on dialog boxes where it may
potentially cause either:

1) cancel everything I've done with this dialog, or
2) just close the dialog

But when this ambiguity is not present, what's the argument against binding
the Esc key?

Cheers,