Re: gtk_tool_item_new() returns GtkToolItem*

Damon Chaplin <damon karuna uklinux net> writes:

> Why does gtk_tool_item_new() return a GtkToolItem* ?
> (Its subclasses do as well.)
>
> I think all other widget creation functions return GtkWidget*,
> even GtkMenuItem and its descendants. So this is a bit inconsistent.

The idea is that GtkToolItems can only be used with a GtkToolbar,
which takes a GtkToolItem, but consistency is probably more important
(Marco pointed this out too), so feel free to change those
constructors to return a GtkWidget, or file a bug about it.

Søren