Re: ORBit2 native Win32 port progress

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 14:00, Andrewlanoix aol com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/21/2003 10:10:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tml iki fi writes:
>
> > The best would be if somebody would compile a high-level "executive
> > summary" of the features in linc and GNet. Then discuss with the GNet
> > and linc (ORbit2?) people whether it would feasible to merge them.
>
> David, Comments? How abut soup as well?

The GNet README gives a good summary and feature list.  GNet doesn't use
GObject (linc does).  linc seems more high-level, like the GNet GServer
and GConn.

> > Or even merge both into GLib. Something for 2.6?
>
> Tor, GNet requires Winsock2. Would that be an issue?

I have no problem is GNet is merged into GLib.  It's a good idea.  I am
not a GLib developer, so I don't have any control over this.

David

--
David Helder - dhelder gizmolabs org - http://www.gizmolabs.org/~dhelder