Re: gucharmap makes qtk-query-immodules segfault

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 13:21, Frank Boehme wrote:
> Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > > The bug causes query-immodules-2.0 receiving SIGSEGV as soon as it
> > > parses any immodule which had been compiled with -O3. Again, it does not
> > > matter how gtk-query-immodules-2.0 itself was compiled. It does also not
> > > matter whether or not a module was given as command line argument.
> >
> > I have some issues with gucharmap and query-modules too. I'm trying to
> > build it on x864-64 for redhat.
>
> I am not sure if your and my problem have the same cause. They may or
> may not. What I am seeing affects all GTK immodules wheras your thing
> seems to be with im-gucharmap only. Actually, in my case that is what I
> believed first because I had only gucharmap compiled with the -O3 flag
> that exposes the bug.
>
> Did you build GTK with the same CFLAGS as gucharmap? If not, then it may
> be worth to try. Then try gtk-query-modules-2.0 on one of those new
> modules (make install fails for that reason).
>
> I am still investigating. I now believe this is to do with the version
> of binutils.

I figured out my problem:
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2003-August/msg00254.html

Its probably not the same.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an obese Catholic matador from the Mississippi delta. She's a virginal
communist politician married to the Mob. They fight crime!