#if usage, coding standard question

Hey there,

I've recently begun to work towards porting GTK+ to the EROS
(http://www.eros-os.org for a really out of date page) operating system.
Among the many headaches we've encountered, the first and foremost has
been the build system and EROS's lack of support for somethings.

In our path to get things working, we've been forced to run the Glib
configure on Linux only the proceed afterwards in editing the resulting
Makefiles.  This has shown one area where I'm slightly confused as to how
the glib coding standards are to work.

Under the gbacktrace.c file, there is a line that looks like so:
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H_

If you are using the generated config.h shouldn't this line actually read:
#if HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H_

The latter will make it much easier to use the config.h file as an
editable configuration file.  But what I haven't found is a mention as to
which is the proper format to be used.  Any suggestions or clues would be
appriciated.

When replying please include me, as I am not subscribed to the list, but
only to the archive.

Dan Kalowsky			"I thought you died alone,
http://www.deadmime.org/~dank	 a long long time ago."
dank-nom aps-deadmime org	 - "The Man Who Sold the World"
kalowsky php net		 	David Bowie