Re: gtk_message_dialog_new_with_markup() revisited

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 10:57, Noah Levitt wrote:
> My feeling is that passing markup into the format string is
> hokey and somewhat difficult to follow. And, people can
> achieve the same thing with two extra lines of code the old
> fashioned way (g_strdup_printf). So I don't think we should
> bother supporting it here.

I'd tend to agree, except that the two lines of extra
code wouldn't work, because gtk_messag_dialog_new_with_markup()
is currently the only way (other than accessing private struct
fields) to set markup on a message dialog, and neither:

 gtk_messag_dialog_new_with_markup(dialog, ..., markup_string);
 gtk_messag_dialog_new_with_markup(dialog, ..., "%s", markup_string);

Will work - one is vulnerable to embedded %s, the other
escapes.

That's why I suggested we might want to add a
gtk_messag_dialog_set_markup() that took a fixed string,
like gtk_label_set_markup().