Request about GTK+ bugs
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gnome-hackers gnome org, bugmaster gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Request about GTK+ bugs
- Date: 04 Aug 2003 10:48:49 -0400
Partly because of Elijah Newren's excellent work at
finding crashes that might be GTK+ related, and reassigning
them appropriately, we are getting a spate of reported
GTK+ crashes without reproduction instructions.
Unfortunately, most bug buddy crash reports have neither:
- Operating system/distribution and version
- Exact GTK+ version
- Any information about how GNOME was installed
Which makes the bug report rather useless.
So, the request I'd make is that you see a bug that you
even think might be GTK+ related, you immediately
request the above pieces of information from the reporter.
Also, if it seems that the reporter is running stock
GTK+ and Red Hat Linux 9 and can reproduce the crash,
getting them to install:
and produce a new stack trace would be very useful.
] [Thread Prev