Fwd: Evolving ComboBox API

Hi,

interesting news ...!

Kristian Rietveld wrote:
Hey,

After more thinking and talking, it's time for another round of headers.
A number of things have changed since last time:

- EggCellView and friends will be private widgets,

- The original base class, EggComboBox, has been dropped,

- Quite a number of changes in the TextCombo area, completion will move
to GtkEntry (API details to be announced later on), history handling
will be totally up to the user. Also, EggComboBoxText is now just a
EggComboBox with a GtkEntry as child,

- The TextCombo popdown and the completion items will now come from
separate models. The TextCombo would use the model specified during
construction of the widget. The GtkEntry completion code would get the
items from the model specified during enabling completion.

I've attached the header files (only two!) and they come with some
notes:

- The convenience functions in EggComboBox will create a model for the
user, the user won't be able to access it directly. So he's pretty much
stuck with the chosen layout. There will be checks in the code to avoid
the user from ruining everything by doing evil things,

- The name egg_combo_box_new_text() is badly chosen, we need another
name for this. Maybe something like egg_combo_box_simple_new(),

- The pixtext convenience handlers, which would provide easy API for
creating option menus with pixbuf, text pairs has been dropped. I still
think that this code can be useful, others don't.

Information on the new completion API will follow somewhere in the next
two weeks. Hopefully.

Mehr zu finden derzeit unter gtk-devel-list gnome org,

Alois