Re: Evolving ComboBox API

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 19:57, Michael Tindal wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 19:24, Kristian Rietveld wrote:
>
> > _set_size_info_columns()
> > _set_layout_parameter_columns() ... prolly too long.
> > _set_layout_info_columns().
>
> Although I agree they may be too long, they might look better perhaps
> as:
>   _set_info_column_size ()
>   _set_info_column_layout ()
>   _set_parameter_column_layout ()
>
> Seeing as English, the language these appear to be in, flows from left
> to right.  Just my two cents.

Heh, I think you are misinterpreting what this function does; the
reason for trying to rename it is precisely to avoid this.

What this function does is that it sets the *tree model columns* that
determine how many grid squares high and wide the model is.

I suppose one way of making it obvious that "columns" here doesn't
refer to the layout is to bite the bullet and do:

 _set_column_span_column()
 _set_row_span_column()

The first name should make it painfully clear that there are two
uses of column going on.