RE: About dialog api

> > 	* build number (int)/(char*) - e.g. 20030424 ??
>
> I've never understood the point of build numbers. Companies
> should release
> versions. You can't release 2 binaries which have the same
> version but are
> somehow different. I guess that a build number is just a
> version number
> that's harder to read. It doesn't sound like something we
> should encourage.

I would say this feature is probably utilised more when releasing beta's.
Mozilla makes use of a build number.  I think it is only pertinant when
releases are many in a short space of time and you are still not in a
particular release.

But yes, usually when you release the application to the customer, the build
id/number is not necessary.

> > 	* expires on (char*)
>
> This is very niche. They already have to do some hacky stuff
> to make sofware
> "expire" so let them do a little more hack About Dialog stuff.

I agree with you on this.  This (to me) has shareware or trialware written
all over it. :)

Regards,
Martyn