Re: Scintilla GTK2 profiling results

I updated Pango to latest pango-1-2 branch at Soren's sugegstion, but
the figures remain roughly the same. Is there any way to check whether
I'm using the latest library or not ?

I'm a bit hesitant about migrating to HEAD since GNOME 2.2 (jhbuild) is
my work desktop.

About the latest run, KCachegrind says this:

pango_fc_font_map_load_fontset: 20.82 (cumulative)
	-> pango_fc_font_map_get_patterns (99%)
		-> FcFontSort (41.2%)
		-> pango_fc_default_substitute (32%)
		-> FcFontRenderPrepare (14.5%)
		-> uniquify_pattern (5.7%)

Also,

pango_font_get_glyph_extents: 13.5% (cumulative)
	-> pango_xft_font_get_glyph_extents (95%)
		-> XftGlyphExtents (70%)

Another (unrelated) point of botheration seems to be:
g_object_get_qdata: 12.6% (cumulative)
	-> g_type_check_instance_is_a (42%)
	-> g_datalist_id_get_data (31%)

BTW, Soren just pointed out (on #anjuta) that the teh profile looks
quite different when loading multiple files - I'll check that out too.

The sample, incidentally, is a C++ file with 3K LOC

--
Biswa.