RE: status icon AP

> > > Please...
> > > ! GtkStatusIcon        *gtk_status_icon_new
>   (gchar *name);
> > > ! GtkStatusIcon        *gtk_status_icon_new_from_pixbuf
>   (gchar *name,
> >
> > 	You just don't get it. You absolutely cannot do this.
>
> Mark:
>
> The main feature of the API above is that it provides names for icons;
> the above API makes it a lot easier for developers to meet this
> accessibility requirement than the alternate ATK api.  That
> much I *do*
> get.

Is there some reason why we can't use
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Themeable-Stock-Images.html

i.e.
	GtkStatusIcon *si = NULL;
	GtkIconSource *is = (...)

	si = gtk_status_icon_new_from_icon_source(is);

This API (to me) looks like it allows pixbufs to loaded with _NAMES_ and it
uses icon sets for particular theme sets that the developer might want to
integrate to their application.

I personally have not used this API yet, but it looks to me that adding an
API for the status icon to work with the themable stock images is the
solution to this argument.

Regards,
Martyn