Re: GtkTreeView: inserting rows faster. [follow up]

"Shahms E. King" <shahms shahms com> writes:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but if a new cell is inserted into an
> autosized column and its width is less than that of the current width,
> shouldn't the current width be used? Unless you removed or changed a
> cell, the longest cell's width wouldn't be altered by inserting a
> shorter one.

Indeed.  Unfortunately the list store has no way to insert a row that
has values already set.  So you get an "row_inserted" signal, followed
by a "row_changed" signal.  It probably would be possible to write an
API to just emit an "row_inserted" signal for the
gtk_{list,tree}_store.

-Jonathan