Re: Docking widget ready for libegg

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 17:45, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in> writes:
>
> > Dependencies are GTK+, libglade and libxml2. The latter two are just for
> > the layout manager, and once it's GUI is finalized, they can easily be
> > removed by generating the UI code and using GMarkup.
>
> do we really want to include the serialization code in GTK+? IMO the
> widget should only provide the necessary hooks and leave it up to the
> application to take care of doing that as part of it's session
> management.

Actually, that's how it is (more-or-less) - see the layout manager API,
esp. the following calls:
gboolean         egg_dock_layout_load_layout    (EggDockLayout *layout,
                                                 const gchar   *name);

void             egg_dock_layout_save_layout    (EggDockLayout *layout,
                                                 const gchar   *name);

You can consider the above calls to be "hooks" to be called by the
client to save the layout at an appropriate location (say
'~/.<appname>/docklayout.xml')

--
Biswa.