Re: Menu Bar Bevel

Well, I think it's the goal of themes to let the user decide how the
apps should look. Any application can look ugly when using an ugly theme
(knowing that what you might find ugly can be good for others - there is
no such common definition of what is ugly and what is not IMHO)

The issue is that a gtk/gnome application should look nice (as in 'clean' and 'not crowded with useless things') by default, not like an inconsistent looking geek toy (nofi).

I wonder what the HiG authors would say..

Any of these options are against user's freedom to tweak his/her desktop
like (s)he wants...

Yep, and that's exactly my point.

One app is using no borders for their views, the other app is using borders 'like it should' and another app is misusing borders by having all kinds of double borders.

I don't think that's freedom ;)
(and it shows in every theme)

- Rich