Re: Looking at EggToolbar

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

>  - It seems to me that expandable/homogeneous/pack_end should
>    be child properties, not properties. While either would
>    work, doing them as child properties is considerably
>    more consistent with the rest of GTK+. (expand, not
>    expandable, BTW)
>
>    The question then is whether we can keep
>
>     egg_tool_item_set_pack_end (tool_item);
>
>    Or need to switch to:
>
>     egg_tool_bar_set_pack_end (tool_bar, tool_item)
>
>    I think it's OK to keep them first way.

If we keep them the first way, what will happen if you call
egg_tool_item_set_pack_end() on an item that isn't inside a toolbar?

>  - The names egg_toolbar_append/prepend/insert_tool_item()
>    are pretty cumbersome for the primary API. Can we just
>    go with plain append/prepend/insert()?

I have changed these in CVS. What about _remove_tool_item()? That
function seems to be just a duplicate of gtk_container_remove(). But
see my other mail about compatibility.

> what I might suggest instead is functions on EggToolItem
> that look at the toolbar and get these configuration options:
>
>  egg_tool_item_get_orientation()

What is this going to return when the item is not inside a toolbar?
Are you required to pass in a toolbar?

> Finally, just a few things I saw when browsing through the
> code:

These are all fixed in CVS now.

Søren