Re: Distribution of sources and binaries and the GPL, Again :( (was [Mingw-users] MinGW GCC)

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

>  > James Michael, correct me if I'm wrong, please.  I must now go reread
>  > the GPL ...
>
> I would say that the LGPL interpretation of the GLib copyright holders
> is more important.

FWIW, there is no difference in the LGPL vs GPL w.r.t. the distribution
of source for the binary distributed.  The difference between GPL and
LGPL is in the use of the binary itself.  I.E.: If a library is covered
by the GPL then the use of that library infects the binary using it
causing source for everything distributed to need to be covered.  NOTE:
If your LGPL product uses a GPL library it is not any longer covered by
the LGPL but is thusly covered by the GPL.  CAUTION: Make sure you know
what the license is for any libraries you use.

Earnie.