Re: GTK-2.0 static linked application does not work

Hi,

"Gansser, Martin" <MGansser rand de> writes:

> works now, but I still get the following error message:
>
> mzfem_root:/ # abiword
> GLib: Cannot convert message: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to =
> 'iso88591' is not supported

looks like your static binary is missing iconv support. Also I wonder
why abiword tries this conversion which is likely to fail anyway.

> ** (AbiWord_s:6041): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling =
> back to "Sans 10"
>
> ** (AbiWord_s:6041): WARNING **: All font failbacks failed!!!!
>
> Is this a font problem with the application abiword ?

it's most probably a problem with your font configuration but it would
be inappropriate to explain the basics of font configuration on a
mailing-list which deals with the development of GTK+. You probably
want to ask this on gtk-list.

Salut, Sven