Re: [HIG] Parity between Gtk+ and the GNOME HIG
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Dave Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>
- Cc: merchan baton phys lsu edu, gtk-devel-list gnome org, hig gnome org
- Subject: Re: [HIG] Parity between Gtk+ and the GNOME HIG
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:39:40 -0500
On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 09:28:24PM -0500, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> Yeah i do too and just recently noticed that pretty much all gnome apps
> are not setting correct window hints for preference dialogs. (ie you
> can't minimize them like you are supposed to be able to do).
There isn't a hint that would get that right, because the HIG is on
its own planet with respect to window types. It doesn't match the
Qt/GTK/Java APIs or the WM spec.
] [Thread Prev