Test Framework for gtk

I'm one of those persons who likes to test my complete applicationw
whenever I modify it.  To do this I'm thinking of writing an gtk-test
framework, but I wanted to run it past this list in case something
already exists.

Essentially what I need to do is to have a script click buttons for
me.  I'm thinking that I need to create a module which I link with the
program to be tested.  This module will create a list of all the
objects and their signals and provide an interface (through a pipe)
which allows me to emit signals on arbitrary widgets under control of
a script.

But before I go and re-invent the wheel, does anyone know of something
else which will serve my purpose?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3